Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Veterans Day



Before 1954 Veterans Day was known as Armistice Day but President Eisenhower officially changed it. Britain, France, Australia and Canada also commemorate the veterans of World War I and II on or near November 11. Canada has remembrance day while Britain has Remembrance Sunday. Veterans Day started after the end of the World War I. A year after Armistice Day the President decided that on November 11 on the 11th hour there would be a moment of silence to remember the veterans. After The Korean war and World War II Armistice day was opened not only to the veterans of World War I but to all veterans. Each year an unknown solider is buried in also the President or a representative put a reef on the memorial.


Reflection: My thought on veterans day is that it is a good thing that we are remembering those who have protected us from people who are willing to destroy us. In a way I think it is bad because certain families don't want to remember that because it bring back bad memories.My feeling on Veterans Day is that I am neutral because I like that we are remembering heroes but hate it for two reasons one is that war is bad but won't be stopped because every person has a different opinion and the other reason is that certain families are reminded of tragic events.

No comments:

Post a Comment